Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pics of my house-- finally!!















Well, I finally have some pics of my fabulous house to put up! I still can't get the video to load (Veuve, I tried youtubing it-- no go!) so we're going with pics instead. Hopefully after you've viewed the pics you will get right on the internet and book a flight down here to spend some time in South Africa, luxuriating in my awesome thatched house!!

I have no confidence that if I spend the time to write the text to match each picture, it will all match up. So I'm just going to list the pics the right now with brief commentary:

#1- view of my house from the gate. Owners are rethatching the roof before they move to Australia, so the color will be more of a yellow, then gradually get darker in color.

#2- front door, from inside

#3- view from kitchen into living room. What initially drew me to the house was open floor plan and lots of natural light.

#4- living room

#5- this could be a spare bedroom, though the current owners have it as a work room/play room (they have two small boys)

#6- PART of the backyard-- it's massive! i'm going to get a zebra or two to graze and keep the grass trimmed.

#7- guest room (where ya'll will be staying, right?)

#8- kitchen view and loft above, leading up to master suite

#9- master bedroom. Has a large walk in closet and bathroom

#10- balcony off of master bedroom

#11- view from balcony of PART of backyard (did I tell you it's massive??)

#12- carport area

#13- one last view! Don't you love it!

I can't wait to move in on September 27th!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Pete, Love the house!! Looks like you will definitely be comfortable!! Love ya, Wendy

Anonymous said...

Pete, looks like pretty rough living quarters. Does the house come with a cook? Jay

Unknown said...

you are right, it makes me want to book a plane ticket!

Unknown said...

Hi Pete!! What a beautiful house and I appreciate you posting a picture of my room.

I miss you!